Monday 9 March 2015

Creative Blog Hop

Happy Monday Everyone! (And for fellow Bachelor watchers, Happy finale!). Last week, I was nominated by Leena (She is absolutely amazing...check her out! http://alacards.blogspot.ca/) to take part in a Creative Blog Hop! So I finished my project, another very simple one, and I will then answer the questions below!




I have temporarily decided against the watermark. My poor computer is getting older and doesn't love the software. ANYWAY. This card has a lot of green (because obviously that is all I want with the snow slowly starting to melt). I used the Old Olive Blendabilities to colour a piece of Irresistibly Yours DSP, allowing for the design to show through (a side note, they are temporary not able to be ordered while they work out a potential product issue....but this is way better than getting something that doesn't work and they will hopefully be back soon!). The tree was stamped from the  Sheltering Tree Set with Sahara Sand and Garden Green leaves.


Alright now for my questions:



What are you working on now?  
I have a party this weekend, so making sure I have all of the projects ready!

How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I guarantee it probably doesn't. I am still pretty new to this overall so many of my projects stem from things I have seen on Pinterest or other blogs. Sometimes I just use the exact project and other times I just get some kind of inspiration, such as a totally different project but with the same colour combinations.

Why do you create what you do?

I always love to do crafty things. Whether it be a cork board made out of wine corks (one of my personal favourites) or decorating picture frames, I like to try different projects. I think it is so great to be able to give someone a card that you have made. They really appreciate the effort that you put into (my Granny especially is a great supporter...my Christmas card is still up at her house!). It's nice to have something that gives me a creative outlet when I need it.

How does your creative process work?

I learned that if there is a specific stamp set I want to use, I just type the name of it into Pinterest with Stampin' Up. You can see so many great designs that will provide that inspiration needed. Occasionally, a start of an idea will come to me in different times (end of a yoga class, driving home from work...) and it starts to form. I am sure the more I do it, the more those random thoughts will come to me. 


Thanks for reading! I will be nominating my people tomorrow (sorry, it is bedtime! Daylight Savings Time hasn't hit me yet so I am worried it will get me tomorrow). And check out the blog later this week for some more ideas that I will be using for the party this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews